Huwebes, Nobyembre 3, 2016

The sad part of being a Mom :(

     
      Ever since the day I became a Mom, I suddenly became over protective, vulnerable when it comes      to my children and most of all emotional when I talk about them. Being a Mom made big changes in me that I instantly embraced. People around me would often say that I always over react when it comes to my children, but my Children are my Treasure I wanna make sure they are always safe and that they always get the best but sometimes even if you've done everything you can to protect them there will be cases where they will get sick or the least thing a Mommy would want to happen to her child to be confined in the hospital. 

  Last Monday morning we brought Kael to Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital because he had on and off fever and he was having a hard time with his cough.




 I was hoping that we will be sent home after the check up but the Pediatrician said he needs to be nebulized for 3 times to see if his panting will get better, but sadly even after he was nebulized Kael remained panting so the Pediatrician ordered that kael be admitted to make sure her gets proper medication. As I heard the Pediatrician said "for admission" my heart cried out!!! I just cant accept the fact that because of a simple cough kael will be admitted. I felt bad so bad that I have so much "kung sana" in my mind.
   





            * Kung sana dinala ko na sya sa E.r ng sunday evening hindi na sana sya naconfine.
            * Kung sana dinala ko sya sa ibang pedia clinic kasi his pedia is on leave sana mas                        maaga syang gumaling.
            * Kung sana hindi ko pinag walang bahala yung pg ubo ubo nya hindi na sana                              dumating sa ganto, sabi ko kasi masigla naman si kael at malakas magdede so I was                  thinking he will be better.
                           and lastly
            * Kung sana mas naging mas maalaga, mas responsable at mas naging magaling akong                Mommy hindi na sana humantong sa confinement yung simpleng ubo ni kael. 

       Sadly, I lose track. I have always been very precocious whenever kyla, niela or kael have cough. I usually bring them to their pedia asap to make sure they will be treated the soonest but this time was different and it makes me sad but as a mom I need to be strong for my kids. We were admitted roughly 11 am and after series of laboratories and tests we were transferred to our room.

                                                
                                                   Our room for 4 days! :)

Our 1st day in the hospital seems to be the longest. Kael's oxygen level was being measured by pulse oximeter a device that shows his oxygen level. The Doctor said it should be no less than 95% to 100% and if it will be lower than that he would need help from the oxygen device beside his bed. It was a good thing that it does not drop often. The next days were better! Kael was no longer panting and hindi na madalas ang pag-ubo nya. The doctor said we can go home by friday but we were wishing it could be earlier but the doctor said we need to allow the antibiotics to take effect to make sure we Kael will be better.


      I only felt better when the Doctor said his lungs are doing better and soon it was cleared. YAY!! Last thursday our Pediatrician ordered that the IV be removed after being consumed!

Little Mr. Pogi!
Ayun! Mas nakahinga kami ni didi ng maluwag kasi ibig sabihin nun malapit na talaga kaming umuwi! :) Friday morning our pedia finally sent us home. Ayun nagmamadali kaming nag ayos ng bill at philhealth documents para makauwi kagad! We were finally home at roughly 2pm. Everyone was very happy to see Kael! Namiss nila ang buknoy ng bahay. We slept lang almost the whole day. Kahit kasi maganda kwarto sa ospital at malamig hindi pa din masarap matulog dun!! LOL.






   
     Thank You Lord for healing Kael! Thank you for hearing our prayers!

     Thank you Papa and  Mama for always sending us food and for taking good care of Kyla and Niela      while we were away.


    Thank you dai ui Ana for helping me the whole 1st day we were in the hospital and for sleeping          with niela and for taking good care of her. Ikaw na talaga! Mwah!


   Thank you to everyone who visited us and who prayed for Kael's Fast recovery! God bless us all!

   Thank you Dra. Pal for making sure Kael gets treated the best way!

Kudos to Nurse Sherwin of Pedia E.R for being patient with us and for making sure he got the perfect vein to insert Kael's IV. :)

Thank you to our kind and patient nurses from the St. Arnold section of Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital! Thank you Nurse Kevin and Nurse Gary for always making sure Kael's is doing good and that he is always comfortable, You two are truly amazing! God Bless you both!



A Mommy advice to everyone who reads my blog. It is always best to be safe than be sorry. Prevention is better than cure, Always and always be precocious of your child's condition ke simpleng lagnat, ubo or sipon wag ipag walang bahala. Make sure to always bring them to their pediatrician to make sure they will get the medication they need. 
Thank you for reading my blog! 
HAPPY SATURDAY!

Please do not forget like my FB page mom @ 16
Thank you and God Bless! 


                                                                   


27 komento:

Michi ayon kay ...

No need to blame yourself, I'm sure your are doing a good job. Minsan ganun talaga pag toddler, mas prefer ng doctor na maconfine para mas maobserve nila.

Michi ayon kay ...

No need to blame yourself, I'm sure you are doing a good job. Minsan ganun talaga pag toddler, mas prefer ng doctor na maconfine para mas maobserve nila.

Unknown ayon kay ...

Memories of my eldest being hospitalized when she was just a week old suddenly came back. We stayed in the hospital for 2 weeks. I was young then, just 17. Didn't know what to do. Goood thing our parents were there..don't blame yourself. Minsan kahit anong alaga natin talagang nagkakasakit ang kids. Let's learn na lang from what happened. Good to know magaling na sya :)

charley's mommy ayon kay ...

I agree. i always get a mini heart attack whenever Charley gets sick. she got sick for a week too last October and thankfully she didnt have to be admitted. praying for you and your little ones. :)

berlin ayon kay ...

I hate it when I see my boys suffer from sickness. My little one has cough and flu as well as fever. I sponge bath him every now and then to help lessen the temperature. He can't sleep without his mama by his side so I can't even leave him. I hope he.gets better soonest as bringing him.in the hospital is not really my plan. I believe I could give his needs better if at home plus I also have my other boys to look after.

veni ayon kay ...

Sometimes we really need to be that scared and OA so we will never had to blame ourself. But things ALWAYS happen for a reason. Good thing he got well soon. To more healthy days ahead to you and your family! :)

Misis Nikole ayon kay ...

I know the feeling, sometimes OA na rin ako when it comes to protecting my baby, I check on his playmate if walang sipon or ubo before they play kasi syempre mahirap mahawa. I think it is normal no need to be sad na

Liz ayon kay ...

I think it's innate to be overprotective once we become Moms and we automatically blame ourselves for even the smallest things. :) Kudos to the little boy for bouncing back real fast. :)

Juvy Ann Petilla ayon kay ...

We all get emotional when its our kids on the line. I am happy Kael is now well and doing fine.

Nerisa ayon kay ...

when our kids get sick, we feel really sad as a parent. Good thing your little Kael is okay now.

Jackie ayon kay ...

Wow Stress! I'm very happy to hear that your son is okay! What happened daw? Asthma?

Michelle ayon kay ...

Hugs sis! Uso talaga ang sakit sis kasi pabago bago ang panahon. Good thing na-discharge na ang little one mo from the hospital. Also don't be too hard on yourself. There's no perfect Mom. Only Mom's perfect love. <3

PR Daily PH ayon kay ...

I can relate mommy, overprotective din ako sa son ko lalo na nung baby pa siya, ngayon mejo lenient na ko and I let him play outside kahit madumihan pa siya. I just want him to enjoy. Glad Kael feels better now.

Betchie Abrenica ayon kay ...

Ganon talaga mommy, hindi maiiwasan... do not blame yourself... you are doing a good job as a mom... keep it up :)

Rayrose Samson ayon kay ...

Ganian din yung pakiramdam ko ng nagkasakit baby ko pero ok lang yan

Hindi-nagpakilala ayon kay ...

:( Good to know your little one is better now. Don't be too hard on yourself. I'm pretty sure you're the best for your kids and that's more than enough.

Unknown ayon kay ...

I understand how you feel, and it's normal to feel mommy guilt. Lalo na kapag health ng mga bata. But we learn from experience. And I'm glad your baby is ok now, God is good all the time!

Cheryl F ayon kay ...

It's never easy being a mom. I usually do that too, that 'Kung sana... bla bla bla'. I think that's pretty normal. When it comes to pedia naman, I have two for my son. Kumbaga extra yung isa. In case wala yung isa, may isa pa. Lol. But I'm sure lahat ng hospitals have good doctors. I'm glad okey na anak mo.

Neri Ann ayon kay ...

Its really hard ano kapag ung mga kids natin ang nagkakasakit. Kaya nga ako I don't mind bringing them to the the hospital kahit simpleng lagnat lang kasi covered naman ng HMO card. Better be sure than sorry.

Kaycee Enerva ayon kay ...

Aww.. I feel you! I'm glad your baby boy got better :) Hirap talaga maging mommy, pero masaya

ReigningStill ayon kay ...

Aaawww.. Hugs! Ganyan talaga eh. Super hirap talaga pag may sakit. And di mo talaga maiwasan na sisihin sarili mo minsan. But always remmeber na sayo sya binigay ni god so definitely, kayang kaya mo sya alagaan. :)

Ayi ayon kay ...

Its hard when kids are sick. Kung pwede na tayo nalang magkasakit just so our kids will get better. Good to know Kael is better :)

Animetric ayon kay ...

At least he's okay now. We never know what's going to happen, don't be so hard on yourself.

Mommy Levy ayon kay ...

Sometimes we also need to take care of ourselves to be able to take care of our family better. Don't be so hard on yourself. I'm glad your son is better now.

Ma.Me.Mi.Mommy ayon kay ...

Glad to know that your baby's feeling better! I'm on the same boat now as my youngest still has fever for the 6th day now. It was only yesterday that I brought him to the doctor and now I'm thinking sana nung sat we went to see the doc na para baka mas mabilis gumaling. Hay, hope he gwts better soon.

TweenselMom ayon kay ...

Ang hirap talaga pag may baby and yung magdedecide ka na dalhin sa pedia. Unang una sa budget, but I guess everyone will understand naman, minsan we just put pressure on ourselves lang talaga kasi we feel na dapat priority lagi ang health.

Purple Pieces ayon kay ...

I know what you're going through, believe me. :) It's hard for us to see our children suffer from illnesses. Good health to your family, esp to your babies! :)

Naka-feature na Post

Why I love BREASTFEEDING!

Hi Mothers! I'd like to share lang some reasons why I love BREASTFEEDING For sure you guys have your own reasons as well pero these ...